Thursday, February 15, 2007

She said, "Yes!"




For my friends that have been keeping up-to-date on my blog, I asked Meegan to marry me and she said "Yes!" So, I am now the happiest man in the world engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world - inside and out. She's the love of my life.

Here's the poem I wrote for her for Valentine's Day.


In the Moment

In the moment our arms embrace
In the moment your nakedness covers mine
In the moment your hands cup my face
In the moment our legs entwine

I am still
and quiet
like in the forest
when the trees are whispering

You breathe
rhythmically
you become

the waves


the tides



the day and night




the seasons




life and death



In the moment my love surrenders,
your love captures me
In the moment my love aches,
your love destroys me
In the moment my love breathes,
your love resurrects me


In the moment my love







(© 2007 SPH. All Rights Reserved.)

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

I am truly and sincerely happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS! Your poem was beautiful too!