Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cap De Creus


Meegan and I didn't get to take our Cancun vacation. At the last minute, I had to travel to Germany for work. So instead, Meegan went with me and we took a week of vacation in Spain. We flew to Barcelona and drove down to Sitges then up along the Spanish coast to the Costa Brava region until we reached Cadeques. One morning while we were in Cadeques, we woke up early to drive out to the Cap De Crues (Cape of Crosses) to see the sunrise. Cap De Creus is the eastern most point on mainland Spain and marks the end of the Pyrenees mountains. Rising above the sea cliffs is an old lighthouse. This lighthouse was the filming location for a 1971 movie called "The Light at the Edge of the World". I liked the sound of that, so I took a little artistic license and tweaked it a little and made this poem for Meegan.

We'll be back in Cancun soon, baby. I promise!
You are the love of my life! (And you know I can't wait too long to see you laying on the beach :-)



Cap De Creus
- by Steven for Meegan

I was there with you -
as unbelievable as
the living shape of you
from the water of life
and the ashes of stars -
yet,
I was there with you

We walked.
The silk wind
fluttered over our skin
Your dress a happy sail
My heart a stowaway to Shangri La
At the dizzy speed of laughter,
we walked.

I saw
the light at the end of the world,
the jagged edge of the old continent,
a coral sunrise in your eyes.
In a land with no trees,
I found a tree to climb.
From the edge of the sea cliff,
I gazed up at you
and I saw
the light at the end of my world.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steven & Meegan, it was a while ago that we met. Coming up on a year pretty soon. We met by means of an early, chaotic, dreadful realization and we will ALWAYS remember you by your open-hearted, empathetic, breakfast buying, phone lending kindness. Quite often we relive those moments of craziness where you, as a couple, were the calm in our storm.

Kevin & I will celebrate our one year anniversary on September 12 and we will look back on our reception, which followed our honeymoon in Cancun, that was September 21. The reception that began at 2 pm as the day-late-plane landed in Memphis around 11 am. Wedding dress, suit and all....you would have never known, had my mother not been a nervous wreck :)

I know this post may have nothing to do with this specific poem, but it is a tribute and a huge thank you to the wonderful, amazing people that you are....together. We are so thankful for the blessing brought to us that day in you both. We would love to stay in touch and maybe we will see you on the coast again soon!

THANK YOU! ~~~~ Alli

gravity_stricken said...

Alli & Kevin! Wow! How on earth did you ever find us out here in cyber-space? Thank you so much for the sweet note. It really touched us. We're so glad to hear that everything went well with your reception.

You guys should go back to Cancun for your anniversary! Mexico's on sale right now. We're hoping to go back in late Sept or early Oct (we'll call it our 2nd anniversary celebration).

Yes, do keep in touch. We don't want to post an email address in a comment. However, if you leave a comment with your email address, we could get it from there, but then we'll reject the comment so that it doesn't get posted. Or, if you just want to stop by and post a note here that's ok too.


It was great to hear from you!