Saturday, June 13, 2009

Only You

It's been too long since I posted. I've just too busy with life. No good excuses really, just poor prioritization. Anyhow, here's another poem I wrote for Meegan. I love you, baby!


Only You


- by Steven for Meegan


Only you know
that if my soul has blades, they are blue.
Sharp blades -
turned blue by the heat of lust,
quenched for strength in the cold blue water of sadness,
polished by the soft blue horizon of dreams,
- cut to the surface
and emerge in my eyes.

Only you can see
the glowing edge of a long-silent soul
shining like a beacon
to guide you close to my whispered love.

Only you can speak to me
with the touch of fingertips
and lips
and skin

Only you know
the tease that makes me giggle
and the one that makes me growl

Only you can know
what mysteries,
what wonders,
what adventures,
what joys,
these eyes will see
before the ever-marching darkness dulls the blades
and drains the blue hope from these eyes.
Only you.

No comments: