Tuesday, October 07, 2008

This Woman

by Steven for Meegan



By the faintest magic,
you found me
there in the corner by the window
Outside, the cold December wind
whispered around hard corners
to lonely hearts,
go home
Inside, I almost didn’t wait,
but did
a little longer
tied down with the merest tendril of hope

Then suddenly, at last
you were there
this woman
this walking smile
this summer sun
In that moment, I wondered
if I could fly in your blue sky
or if I dreamed too high
and, like Icarus
I would fall away from you
into liquid blue
loneliness

Two years later, now I see
I never dreamed high enough
The deep blue sea, a forgotten friend
fades away below me
and I soar
my wings stretched out into the vastness of everything
in your blue sky smile






(© 2008 SPH. All Rights Reserved.)

No comments: