Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentine's Day Poem

What would Valentine's Day be without love-struck goofballs like me writing corny poems for their Valentines? Probably just a day to make chocolatiers, florists, and card-makers rich. Here's my strike against the commercialization of everything sacred!


No, really, it's just my corny little poem from my Valentine, Meegan. I proposed to her last Valentine's Day. So there was no way I could top that.


I love you, baby!




Forever My Valentine

What filled this year -
this arrow stretched between two Valentine's Days?
What treasures to share -
memories only we can know?

Joy
and more joy.
Days that close with smile-aches
and tummies tired from laughter.
Love
and more love.
Kisses so tender the earth quakes
and trembles with the sighs that come after.

Through your ears I whispered
my love to your soul.
Through your eyes you answered
you love to mine.
Promise me, my love
that you are forever my Valentine.






(© 2007 SPH. All Rights Reserved.)

No comments: